New on WordPress for Android: Notifications
Need to get your WordPress.com Notifications on the go?
With version 2.4 of WordPress for Androidyou’ll see all your Notifications right on your Android device.
Step away yet stay connected
With the new streamlined Notifications view, you can step away from your computer but still stay connected to your readers. With just a few taps you can:
- Read comment threads and reply.
- Moderate new pending comments.
- Get stats highlights.
- See your new followers and follow them back.
- See who liked your posts.
Don’t need so many notifications? You can turn off specific notification types (for example “Likes”) in the Settings panel. You can also mute entire blogs if it gets too noisy.
Additional improvements and bug fixes
We also added a few more nifty features in this release:
- A new menu icon has been added that matches up with the latest ‘Holo’ design guidelines.
- Settings and Sign out options have been added to the overflow menu for easier access.
- New fonts added for easier readability.
- … and many more small bug fixes and reliability improvements.
We’ve got some great new features in the works including improvements to Media, Account Setup, and the Reader.
Posted on 12 June 2013
How do you like the new Notifications?
Drop a comment there to let them know!
You can send feedback on the forums at http://android.forums.wordpress.org
ANDROID 4.3 COMES OUT TOMORROW.
I’LL WATCH FOR IT BUT I’M NOT Holding my breath.
- WordPress App Updated With New Push Notification Options. (mrnaveenkumar.wordpress.com)
- Google+ Update Coming Later Today, Brings Enhanced Notifications, New Menu, And More (androidpolice.com)
- Six Android apps you need now (reviews.cnet.com)
Along with thanks and compliments to the sources for the shared data
Creative Commons Copyright © Shanepedia 2012